Iran Offers $30,000 Bounty for Killing or Capturing U.S. Soldiers, Double for Women
· 52 views
Tehran (Terror Monitor) — Iran’s military announced Sunday that it will offer a reward equivalent to $30,000 for killing or capturing U.S. military personnel, with the amount doubled if the action is carried out by an Iranian woman.
According to Iran’s official IRNA news agency, Iranian Army Chief Maj. Gen. Amir Hatami said the initiative was developed following a large number of requests to financially support such actions.
Hatami said anyone who kills or captures an “attacking American military personnel” and hands them over to the Iranian military will receive a reward of $30,000, or the equivalent of 5 billion tomans.
He added that Iranian women who carry out such an action would receive double the reward.
Hatami did not specify where or when such operations were expected to take place.
No major deployment of U.S. ground forces in Iran has been reported during the conflict, although a U.S. mission was carried out in April to rescue an American pilot.
The conflict between Iran and the United States began on February 28, when the U.S. and Israel launched attacks against Iran. Fighting continued for around 40 days before a ceasefire was reached in April. A framework for peace negotiations was later agreed in June but subsequently collapsed.
Since then, Iran and the United States have continued to exchange attacks intermittently, with much of the fighting concentrated in southern Iran and around the Strait of Hormuz.
Related Articles
Myanmar: 59 Civilians Killed in Military Operations in First Two Weeks of August
Myanmar’s military operations reportedly left 59 civilians killed, including five children, between August 1 and 14, while airstrikes and clashes in several regions also left civilians and military personnel dead.
Saudi Arabia Issues Alert in Jazan Amid Possible Houthi Threat
Saudi Arabia has issued a security alert in Jazan amid a potential Houthi threat, following recent attacks targeting oil and energy facilities in the border province.
Qatar Denies Iran’s Claim That Three Iranian Pilots Are Being Held
Qatar has denied Iran’s claim that three Iranian pilots are being held in Qatari custody, saying one pilot’s remains were recovered after a March incident and transferred to Iran.
Israel Strikes Southern Lebanon, Senior Hezbollah Commander Killed
Israel says a senior Hezbollah commander was killed in a strike on southern Lebanon, while Lebanese authorities report that Israeli airstrikes killed at least 11 people and wounded 19 others.