U.S. and Iranian Presidents Sign Ceasefire Agreement
· 200 views
Paris/Tehran/Islamabad (Terror Monitor) — A major development has emerged in ongoing tensions between the United States and Iran, as U.S. President Donald Trump and Iranian President Masoud Pezeshkian have reportedly signed an initial peace agreement.
According to reports, the agreement includes an extension of the ceasefire for 60 days, the reopening of maritime traffic in the Strait of Hormuz, and the launch of negotiations on Iran’s nuclear program.
U.S. President Donald Trump, speaking to reporters after a dinner in Paris, said the agreement had been signed, calling it part of efforts to reduce tensions in the region.
On the other hand, reports suggest that Iranian President Masoud Pezeshkian has also approved the agreement, although Tehran has not yet issued an official detailed statement confirming the deal.
Pakistan’s Prime Minister Shehbaz Sharif has claimed that Pakistan played a mediating role in the agreement. According to a statement from Islamabad, he said the ceasefire came into immediate effect following the signing.
The Prime Minister added that the agreement includes steps to reopen maritime routes in the Strait of Hormuz and reduce regional tensions. He also thanked the leadership of the United States and Iran, as well as Field Marshal Syed Asim Munir.
However, international sources have not independently verified the full details of the agreement or its immediate implementation.
Analysts say that if implemented, the deal could mark a significant diplomatic breakthrough in easing tensions in the Middle East.
Related Articles
Trump Threatens to Bomb Oman if It Interferes in U.S.-Iran Talks
Trump threatens to bomb Oman if it obstructs U.S.-Iran talks, as Tehran says a maritime transit understanding has been reached over the Strait of Hormuz.
Trump Confirms Secret U.S. Contacts With Iran’s Revolutionary Guard
Trump confirms reports of secret U.S. contacts with Iran’s Revolutionary Guard, while Tehran denies any backchannel talks with Washington.
Houthis Attack Saudi Naval Vessels Near Yemen’s Mokha Port
Houthis claim missile attacks on a Saudi military vessel and four escort ships near Yemen’s Red Sea port of Mokha.
Myanmar: 59 Civilians Killed in Military Operations in First Two Weeks of August
Myanmar’s military operations reportedly left 59 civilians killed, including five children, between August 1 and 14, while airstrikes and clashes in several regions also left civilians and military personnel dead.