Skip to content
Monday, 17 August 2026 Search
Terror Monitor
Conflicts & Wars

Israel Strikes Southern Lebanon, Senior Hezbollah Commander Killed

· 55 views

Israel Strikes Southern Lebanon, Senior Hezbollah Commander Killed

Jerusalem /Beirut (Terror Monitor) — The Israeli military said Sunday that it had killed a senior commander of the Iran-backed Hezbollah group in southern Lebanon, while Lebanon’s Health Ministry said Israeli airstrikes in the region killed at least 11 people.

The Israel Defense Forces (IDF) said Abu Hassan Alaa, a senior commander of Hezbollah’s Badr Unit, was killed in a strike on Saturday in the southern Lebanese town of Deir al-Zahrani. Lebanese authorities said four people were killed and 17 others injured in the strike.

Hezbollah has not immediately issued an official statement confirming the death of its commander.

The Israeli military said the strike was carried out in response to a Hezbollah attack against Israeli troops operating in a security zone. According to the IDF, Hezbollah used an explosive-laden drone to attack Israeli forces near the Ali al-Taher Pass, seriously wounding three soldiers.

The IDF alleged that Abu Hassan Alaa had previously been involved in several attacks against Israeli troops, including explosive drone attacks targeting Israeli forces deployed in southern Lebanon. These claims have not been independently verified.

Lebanon’s Health Ministry said Israeli airstrikes in southern Lebanon on Saturday killed at least 11 people and wounded 19 others.

Seven people, including three children, were killed in an Israeli strike on the village of Ansar, while another strike on Deir al-Zahrani killed four people and wounded 17, according to Lebanese authorities.

Images circulated on social media and reports from local media showed heavy traffic on roads in southern Lebanon as dozens of families fled the Nabatieh area toward safer locations.

Lebanese Prime Minister Nawaf Salam described the attacks as a “very serious matter,” saying they undermine efforts to restore stability in the region.

Israel and Hezbollah have repeatedly accused each other of violating a ceasefire agreement that began in June. The Israeli military says it has established a unilateral “security zone” in southern Lebanon to prevent Hezbollah attacks against northern Israel.

The latest strikes are among the deadliest incidents since the ceasefire between Israel and Hezbollah took effect in June. Israel has warned that it will strike Hezbollah again if it perceives a threat from the group.

#Lebanon #Hezbollah #Israel #IranProxy #Airstrike #SouthernLebanon #IsraeliMilitary #IranWar
Share: