Trump warns Iran: "Stop proxy groups in Lebanon or face another strike"
· 107 views
Washington DC (Terror Monitor) US President Donald Trump has warned Iran that it could face another military strike if it fails to stop its allied armed groups from operating in Lebanon.
In a post on his Truth Social platform as US-Iran talks got underway in Switzerland, Trump urged Tehran to immediately restrain what he described as its proxy groups in Lebanon.
"If Iran does not stop them, we will strike again—just as we did last week, only much harder," Trump wrote.
The warning came as US and Iranian officials began negotiations aimed at implementing a memorandum of understanding reached on June 17, which included commitments to reduce tensions and end hostilities across multiple fronts, including Lebanon.
However, Israeli airstrikes on alleged Hezbollah positions in southern Lebanon on June 19 have added fresh strain to the diplomatic process. Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu has said Israeli forces will remain in Lebanon as long as Hezbollah remains active, while Hezbollah insists it will not disarm until Israeli troops withdraw.
Amid the escalating tensions, Iran also announced the closure of the Strait of Hormuz, citing what it described as violations of the ceasefire agreement.
Related Articles
Tons of Nuclear Material Found at Undeclared Syrian Site, IAEA Chief Says
IAEA chief Rafael Grossi says tons of nuclear material have been discovered at a previously undeclared site in Syria linked to the era of the country’s former rulers. Damascus says the material is not dangerous and will remain under government protection.
Trump Threatens to Bomb Oman if It Interferes in U.S.-Iran Talks
Trump threatens to bomb Oman if it obstructs U.S.-Iran talks, as Tehran says a maritime transit understanding has been reached over the Strait of Hormuz.
Trump Confirms Secret U.S. Contacts With Iran’s Revolutionary Guard
Trump confirms reports of secret U.S. contacts with Iran’s Revolutionary Guard, while Tehran denies any backchannel talks with Washington.
Houthis Attack Saudi Naval Vessels Near Yemen’s Mokha Port
Houthis claim missile attacks on a Saudi military vessel and four escort ships near Yemen’s Red Sea port of Mokha.