Ukraine targets Russian energy infrastructure in large-scale drone strikes
· 84 views
ST. PETERSBURG (Terror Monitor) — Ukrainian drone attacks targeted energy infrastructure and a port facility in Russia’s second-largest city, Saint Petersburg, and the surrounding Leningrad region overnight, local authorities said on Saturday.
Saint Petersburg Governor Alexander Beglov said the 6-million-population city came under a large-scale drone assault, during which an oil terminal in the city was also hit. He added that no casualties were reported.
Leningrad region Governor Alexander Drozdenko said the port of Vysotsk, located about 170 kilometers northwest of Saint Petersburg, was also targeted. The port is used for the export of oil, grain, coal, and liquefied natural gas (LNG).
Drozdenko said that 72 Ukrainian drones targeting the Leningrad region were shot down.
Ukraine has increased strikes on Russia’s energy infrastructure this year, causing fuel shortages in some regions.
Saint Petersburg has previously been targeted in similar drone attacks, including strikes on oil terminals and a naval vessel docked during the Saint Petersburg International Economic Forum in June.
The governor of Russia’s Pskov region, south of Saint Petersburg, also said more than 30 drones were shot down overnight. He reported minor damage and several injuries.
Related Articles
Israel Carries Out Airstrikes on Abandoned Military Airfield in Syria’s Idlib, US Envoy Confirms
Israel carried out four airstrikes on Syria’s abandoned Abu al-Duhur military airfield in Idlib, according to Syria’s Foreign Ministry and U.S. Special Envoy Tom Barrack. No casualties were immediately reported.
Tons of Nuclear Material Found at Undeclared Syrian Site, IAEA Chief Says
IAEA chief Rafael Grossi says tons of nuclear material have been discovered at a previously undeclared site in Syria linked to the era of the country’s former rulers. Damascus says the material is not dangerous and will remain under government protection.
Trump Threatens to Bomb Oman if It Interferes in U.S.-Iran Talks
Trump threatens to bomb Oman if it obstructs U.S.-Iran talks, as Tehran says a maritime transit understanding has been reached over the Strait of Hormuz.
Trump Confirms Secret U.S. Contacts With Iran’s Revolutionary Guard
Trump confirms reports of secret U.S. contacts with Iran’s Revolutionary Guard, while Tehran denies any backchannel talks with Washington.